NYSMLARML Contests 1983-1988
This book contains the problems from 1983 to 1988 from two highly-regarded national and regional mathematics competitions in the United States. The variety of formats (such as the team and relay problems) contribute to the wide appeal of these contests. The problems range from short answer questions to challenging multi-part power questions.
What the reviewers say
- Alfred Kalfus and Harry Ruderman from the preface
- "Enjoy the problems given in these pages. Remember, they were posed, not to syump you, but to provoke your mathematical ingenuity, to guide you to clever tricks and new methods of attack, to open new facets of topics to the uninitiated, and to offer you the unique joy that only the solving of a truly challenging problem can bring."
- Stanley Rabinowitz from the publisher's preface
- "These problems are still as fresh as ever."
- Lawrence Zimmerman and Gilbert Kessler from the introduction
- "This book provides a large collection of challenging problems that can be used for contest practice or can be the basis for more leisurely study and extensive exploration."
Buy this book
go to MathPro Press Bookstore
go to MathPro Press home page
accesses since February 2006