Summer Mathematics Programs (2006)
- AwesomeMath Summer Program
- The AwesomeMath Summer Program is a three week camp designed to hone high school students' mathematical problem-solving skills up to the Olympiad level. This program offers mathematically gifted students the opportunity to engage in meaningful problem solving activities and explore in detail areas in advanced mathematics. The high quality instruction is provided by renowned lecturers and Olympiad coaches.
- Hampshire College Summer Studies in Mathematics
- The Hampshire College Summer Studies in Mathematics is a rigorous six week math program that is both demanding and expanding. Participants are expected to spend a major portion of each day actively engaged in learning, doing, and sharing mathematics. The daily schedule includes four hours of class meetings each morning, Monday-Saturday, the Prime Time Theorem in the afternoon, and problem sessions in the evening. Afternoons are devoted to rest, recreation and informal study.
- The Canada/USA Mathcamp is an intensive five-week-long summer program for mathematically talented high school students, designed to inspire and motivate mathematically talented high school students by exposing them to the beauty and variety of mathematics, to impart valuable knowledge and skills for the pursuit of mathematics in high school, university, and beyond, and to provide a supportive and fun environment for interaction among students who love mathematics.
- PROMYS (Program in Mathematics for Young Scientists)
- This is a challenging program designed to encourage ambitious high school students to explore the creative world of mathematics. Each summer, approximately 60 high school students from around the country gather on the campus of Boston University for six weeks of rigorous mathematical activity. Through their intensive efforts to solve an assortment of unusually challenging problems in Number Theory, participants will practice the art of mathematical discovery.
- The Ross Program
- This program at the Ohio State University is an intensive eight week course in mathematics for pre-college students. During those eight summer weeks, students are immersed in a world of mathematical discovery. The central goal of the Ross Program has always been to instruct and encourage bright young students in the art of abstract thinking and to inspire them to discover for themselves that abstract ideas are valuable and important.
- Texas Mathworks Honors Summer Math Camp
- This Summer math camp is an intensive six week summer program for outstanding high school students who are excited about doing mathematics -- the goal of the program is to develop our talented youth by providing challenging courses in a unique learning environment.
return to MathPro Press home page